Local Explorer - File Manager on web browser
Local Explorer gives a rich and enhanced file manager that can replace your need browsing files, by letting you do it directly in your web browser. Local Explorer opens Windows Explorer when a local folder is clicked, or associated application when a file is clicked. For examples, click *.doc file to open MS Word, click *.avi file to open Windows Media Player, and so on... Local Explorer can open files and folders on the local hard disk drives, network shares, mapped remote directories or Active Directory environment. The two most...
Local Explorer - File Manager on web browser Review
Local Explorer opens Windows Explorer when a local folder is clicked, or associated application when a file is clicked. For examples, click *.doc file to open MS Word, click *.avi file to open Windows Media Player, and so on...
Local Explorer can open files and folders on the local hard disk drives, network shares, mapped remote directories or Active Directory environment.
The two most commonly used applications on your computer are your file browser and your web browser. Wouldn't it be great if they were both in one place?
C:\Users\my_user_name\Documents ("My Documents" folders)
\\10.0.0.1\shared\local\folders\files (network drive)
W:\folder\ and W:\folder\file.doc (on webpages they're "file:///W:/folder/" and "file:///W:/folder/file.doc")
- We built this long ago for our in-house system, and now we publish it and it's free. If you found a problem, contact us at [email protected] or the "Send Feedback" button to the right before you post a negative review. We appreciated that. It helps other people too.
- We don't support Unicode yet. The extension won't work if the path or file name contains Unicode characters.
- Currently it works only on Windows, we would build Mac OSX and Linux version if we got high volume of requests.
- For the people complain about anti-vir warnings, it was a FALSE POSITIVE. We rebuilt our Integration module, see this http://goo.gl/qDNGP7
- SILENT INSTALL command line for the Integration module: LocalExplorer-Setup.exe /S
--- HOW TO SET UP ---
For security reason, Google has made a policy to not allow webpages to read-write local resource on hard drives. So we need an integration between the Chrome Extension and File System (Windows Explorer, Mac OSX Finder) using an external process. To install both, just follow the simple steps below.
INSTALL LOCAL EXPLORER
- Add the extension to Chrome/Firefox/Safari on webstore or using this link: http://www.vnprodev.com/browser-extensions/local-explorer-install.php
- On Windows, please download and install this app http://goo.gl/trX9bB for Windows Explorer integration, just run "LocalExplorer-Setup.exe" once then you're ready to go.
SILENT INSTALL command line for the Integration module: LocalExplorer-Setup.exe /S
- Set your default folder in Settings page.
--- CHANGE LOG ---
+ Bugfix for some broken pages (ebay, ...)
+ Added support for Windows 10
+ Add Settings page
+ Add extension button, click to open default folder
+ Completely rebuild the Integration module
+ No more AVs false positive
+ Added support for Windows 8
+ Bugfix for special characters in URLs (escape/unescape)
+ Click-to-open web links
+ Windows Explorer integration
--- ABOUT THE AUTHOR ---
Developed by VNProDev Team.
We developed browser addons, plugins and extensions just for fun and helping other people in our free time. If you got issues, or feature requests, do not hesitate to leave us a message here or email to [email protected] - You are welcome!
Our Browser Extension Service collects and stores anonymous information about specific webpages, debugging information of how the extension work on those webpages. The information collected by the extension is completely anonymous and can’t be personally identifiable. We use these information for improving the extensions's workflow and fixing bugs. We do not use them for any commercial purpose and do not sell them to any third party company.
VNProDev.com does not require that you provide us the information in order to use most of our services. Therefore, you can always choose not to provide such information. You may disable the Browser Extension Service from reporting anonymous information by using the Options menu in the Browser Extension Service. If supported, you may configure in the Options menu in the Browser Extension Service.